The main topic for this session was detailing, using detail viewports and linked viewports. A lot time on an Architectural project is spent coordinating detail references with the details, but Vectorworks has a way to automate that.
- 01:35 creating a layer for details – why this makes it more productive.
- 02:52 using the Building Code PDF to create details
- 05:01 what scale should the detail layer be?
- 05:30 unified view options
- 06:30 ungrouping a PDF file to edit the source.
- 08:05 editing the detail by adding symbols from a library
- 11:31 creating a viewport from a detail drawing
- 16:00 adding a drawing label to the detail
- 16:22 duplicating a viewport for the next detail.
- 18:24 copying details from one project to another
- 23:13 using a detail viewport
- 23:46 linked viewports using the Section-Elevation marker
- 26:00 Link to viewport, linking the
- 26:41 using the Eyedropper Tool to copy the attributes of the Section-Elevation marker
- 28:00 placing a new Section-Elevation maker and changing the maker style
- 28:24 choosing the viewport to link to.
- 30:09 using the Detail-Callout marker instead of using the detail viewport and linking it to the detail viewport
- 31:50 renumbering and relocating a detail viewport, and how it changes the detail references in the rest of the drawings.
- 37:20 how the viewport numbers relate to the list of viewports in the Object Info palette
- 40:59 back referencing details
Architect August 2016 am