In this session we looked at why you should be creating a 3D model, rather than 2D drawings, what the advantage is and how to get started.
- 00:00 What you should draw in 3D, using a clip cube with a concept model to demonstrate how a quickly you can make changes to sections and elevations.
- 01:28 To draw in 3D will require that you change the way that you work in Vectorworks and it might be a complete change to the way that create information, you will have to develop new skills.
- 02:46 Looking at a simple way to get started with BIM
- 03:43 Checking layer scale using the contextual menu (right-click)
- 04:39 Using the scroll wheel on a mouse to zoom in, clicking the mouse wheel button to pan.
- 05:43 Starting with a rectangle to create an outline of a project., then use Create Objects From Shapes… to convert the rectangle into a slab or hardscape, so that we have both 2D and 3D
- 09:08 Finding coincident objects
- 12:11 Drawing walls and controlling wall heights on the Object Info palette
- 13:05 Editing a design layer to control the elevation and wall heights
- 13:36 Looking at the wall preferences
- 14:57 Using the numeric keypad to change the 3D view
- 17:28 Set the numeric keypad for instant data bar activation to allow quick drawing
- 18:55 Create Objects From Shapes… to create quick 3D objects
- 19:43 Controlling the stacking order of objects (sent to front/send to back)
- 21:20 Z key to activate Snap Loupe
- 21:46 Creating an extrusion for the columns
- 22:46 Creating elevations from the 3D model using viewports and sheet layers
- 26:46 Creating multiple viewports
- 29:10 Creating duplicate objects using the mirror tool
- 30:01 Duplicating an elevation viewport and changing it to an isometric view
- 30:50 Edit the layer wall height on the design layer to change the height of walls
- 33:10 Changing the heights of individual walls and creating more walls
- 46:21 Using the Reshape tool and using this to stretch a plan
- 53:30 Introduction to Stories, Layers, and Levels
- 59:41 Introduction to BIM for Landscaping
- 1:07:10 Creating a section viewport, starting with the clip cube
Getting Started June 2016 am
The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.