The attendees wanted to talk about setting up the structure for a training course. The example that we used is a landscape course, but the principles will be the same for any course that you want to create. I have used two manuals as the basis of the course work.
Some teachers want to write their own courseware, but at tertiary education, tutors expect the students to purchase textbooks. I have been looking at a course at a local college and the tutor there expects everyone to purchase the text book, attend sessions, and put in a number of self-directed hours of study.
- start with end in mind – learning objectives
- setting up the sessions
- writing the notes in word 2013
- finding Auto-Correct in word
- editing Auto-Correct to make it easier to write
- deciding what is in session 1
- how simple things can be used to teach useful techniques
- self-directed learning
- designing the structure of the course
- using Education Resources to help teach students
- using the Landmark Tutorial manual to build the course
- going back over the course to add more structure to it