In this session we looked at getting new users started with Vectorworks. I recently had a visit on site with an old client. They had been having trouble with Vectorworks and they felt that it wasn’t drawing well enough for their office.
When we looked at new users and how they were starting in the office, we found out that they were not being given any formal Vectorworks training. My suggestion was to make sure that every user starts with the Essential Tutorial manual.
- Introduction to the Essential Tutorial Manual
- why use it for beginners
- how the chapter on Modeling and Drawing teaches BIM and good practice
- using the Modeling and Drawing chapter works
- education resources on the website for teaching Tools and commands in detail
- extending the Modeling and Drawing exercise
- more on using the Essential Tutorial Manual