In this session we looked at two main topics. The first topic, and the one we spent most of our time discussing, was line types in Vectorworks 2013. The second topic was working drawings and how to stop accident removing information. In this topic we looked at design layer viewports and creating a drawing grid.
Line types can be extremely graphic if you use complex lines. In this session we looked at simple line types and complex line types. Simple line types allow you to create dashed lines, complex line types allow you to create a graphic line that includes rectangles, polygons, polylines, text etc.
- using classes to control line types
- assigning a line type to an object using the attributes palette
- assigning a line type to an object using the resource browser
- assigning a line type to a class
- creating a new line type
- creating or editing a simple line type
- creating or editing a complex line type
- editing Line Type Scale on the Advanced Viewport Properties dialog box
- editing the Line Weight Scale on the Advanced Viewport Properties dialog box
- creating a custom tool that uses a custom line type
- creating a new design layer for guidelines or a construction grid
- using a design layout viewport to filter your drawing information
- using viewport overrides on a sheet layer viewport, how these are affected by the design layer viewport settings