In this session we looked at the resources that are on this web site and we looked at the new Vectorworks Essentials Tutorial manuals. This manual has a new chapter covering and introduction to 3D modeling.
This manual has trained thousands of people to use Vectorworks and it has been in publication for over 10 years. Each year I take the opportunity to edit the manual. Sometimes I add parts to the manual and sometimes I take parts away. For Vectorworks 2013 I added a new chapter with an introduction to 3-D modelling. This chapter uses the same bracket as other parts of the manual to introduce users to the concept of 3-D modelling.
- Why is the bracket object so important throughout the Essential Tutorial Manual?
- How do we remember things?
- Why did I choose the bracket object to form the basis of this manual?
- My thoughts on how the brain stores information.
- Quote from Edward De Bono about instructions for machines.
- Why don’t instructions for machines work? How does this relate to teaching Vectorworks?
- Teaching backwards, what the heck does this mean?
- new pages on the web site for Education resources.
- Drawing on a board and drawing in Vectorworks.
- Drawing with lines.
- Drawing with objects.
- Using the editing tools to finish the drawing.
- Creating a 3D model
- Using the model to make drawings with viewports.
- Editing the model and updating the drawings.
- It is faster to model the object than it is to draw the object.
- Quickstart to Vectorworks available.