In this session we looked at importing a survey file and using the survey data to prepare for creating a Site model.
When you import a survey drawing, it is important to know what you are importing and why you are importing it. A PDF will give you different options from a DXF/DWG file, so you have to choose your importing file carefully. Once you have your import, what do you have to do to prepare the file for creating a site model?
- Importing DXF/DWG files from surveyor
- Why it is better to use the Import Single DXF/DWG… command
- What the import settings mean…
- Setting the Primary import DXF/DWG settings
- Setting the Graphic Attributes for the imported DXF/DWG file.
- Fit to objects/Fit to Page area to find the imported data.
- Checking the imported data.
- Moving the page to suit the DXF/DWG file.
- Setting the page size for the imported file.
- Using the Stake Object to place points for the site model.
- Using an archoncad plug-in to add 3D Loci for the site model, it makes it a lot quicker.
- Finding the archoncad plug-ins.
- Installing the archoncad plugins.