The main topic for this session was how to create a plant from scratch, rather than duplicating an existing plant.
Creating plants and saving them for later use is an effective way to use plants in Vectorworks. it might seem like you have to spend a lot of time to create a plant, but remember that once you have created the plants, you can use as many as you want, on any project, and you will not have to make that plant again.
- setting up a guide to draw a plant
- using the Freehand tool to draw a plant
- how the plant shape complexity affects the speed and reliability of plants
- what part of the plant object controls the mass plant shape
- plant graphics
- drawing the plant graphics
- Creating the plant
- add the plant data
- editing the plant definition
- plant shadows
- adding additional plant graphics, using classes to control them
- storing plants in Default Content
- controlling Default Content
- backing up