The online user group, which I call Short Sharp Training (Monthly) is looking at the new Vectorworks 2011 this month. There has been a lot of online resources looking at the new features of Vectorworks 2011. I do not want to repeat these, I want to look at about 11 topics in detail:
- Creating a Text Style
- Editing a Text
- Assigning a Text Style to a Text Object
- Assigning a Text Style to a Dimension Standard
- Assigning a Text Style to Other Objects
- This is a big change. It will change the way you draw, and it will change the way you think about your drawings. Calling a rectangle 2D will not make sense with planar graphic, because a rectangle can be on any 3D plane.
- This can be used to replace the extrude command, add solids, subtract solids, and it is very quick to use. Goodbye sketchup!
- This tool has been around for a while, but it has a new very powerful feature. It can now create planar objects from a 3D object or model.
- Wall styles are not new, but they have been improved. You now have control over the 3D height of each wall component.
- These are new. They replace floors and they work with your walls styles to create complex wall/ceiling/floor geometry.
Working in 3D – 3D Modeling
- If we bring together working planes, planar graphics and the push/pull tool, we can model objects much faster and more intuitively than before.
Working in 3D – Building
- If we bring together the improvements in walls, slabs and planar graphics, we can model our buildings more easily and more quickly.
- for users outside Australia and New Zealand, this is a new tool, and very useful. You can identify and schedule existing trees on site.
I see these as the most important changes. They will change your workflow. I want to look at these topics and show how to use them and how to implement these concepts in your work.
This should be a really fun session. Book as soon as you can.
Presentation 60 minutes. Q&A about 15 min.
Cost : You have to be a subscriber to join this webinar. You can subscribe here, or you can join this session for a one-off change of $35US.
Session 1: Monday 11th October 2010 (NZDT) Book here: