In this session we looked at a couple of main topics. First we looked at the concept and Vectorworks of mesh smoothing and then we looked at drawing a property line. When you draw a property line you have to remember that the surveyor uses a different coordinate system than Vectorworks.
- 03:51 controlling the smoothing angle in viewports
- 05:35 controlling the mesh smoothing angle on site models
- 08:37 introduction to the coordinate system that Vectorworks uses
- 09:55 introduction to the coordinate system that a surveyor uses
- 10:22 comparing the coordinate system between surveyors and Vectorworks
- 11:14 using the property line tool allows you to use the surveyor coordinate system with Vectorworks
- 13:38 using the Property Line tool with the standard dialog box
- 23:44 using the Property Line tool with the simple dialog box
- 32:02 using the Line tool to draw a line using the surveyor coordinates
- 33:56 discussion about rotating the plan using the Rotate Plan tool or rotating all of the information so that the plane sits orthogonal on the page
- 36:21 another way to get the house on the site with true North straight up the page, but still drawing the plan orthogonally, is to use a design where viewport to link the wall layers to the site plan layer using a design layer viewport
- 42:35 there is a blog on my website about linking the building project to the site model and there are two methods to do this, it is recommended that you read this blog
- 44:25 using the Property Line to create a texture bed site modifier
Getting Started September 2016 amThere is some great protected information here that is only available to paying subscribers. You must be an active paying subscriber to see it, but you can Subscribe here.