In this session, we covered the VBvisual Plant tool and how to visualize plants, whether by using a VBvisual plant, an image prop, or something created with the Existing Tree tool.
In this session, we covered how using plant sizes from the Plant Definition can affect your work flow differently than using a custom plant size, constructed a pergola with framing members, made a mono-pitch roof for the pergola, and set up a Framing Member report for our pergola.
In this session, we covered many of the commands in the Landmark menu and reviewed how to create a pool and a pool site modifier.
In this session, we covered how to prevent plants from rising to the surface of a site model, options for creating flat surfaces in landscapes, and options for vehicle turning circles.
In this session, we looked at creating a plant, connecting the plant to the plants database, creating a new plant in the database, creating a plant report, controlling how the plant report finds the plants, and controlling the slope of a hardscape object.
In this session, we looked at retaining walls again. We used a site modifier in contour mode to create a straight retaining wall. We then adjusted the grade limits to change the retaining wall into a battered slope between the two levels of the garden, adding rocks, steps, and a landscape area with plants to go around the rocks.
The previous section was all about beginner topics, which everyone should know. This section is all about the intermediate topics that you will need to know in order to create your drawings from the 3D model.
This section will be about how the 3D parts of the design work.
In this session we looked at landscape areas, pricing landscape areas, creating our plants, and how to create existing plants (particular focusing on the textures).
Vectorworks 2017 introduced a change to the plant spacing. in the past your plant spacing was a specific number and that was it. Now, plant spacing can be a specific number or it can be “Best Fit.” The idea of best fit is that Vectorworks will try to put as many plants as it can using the spacing that you have specified, but it will always place plant start click and at the end click. As well as that, Vectorworks added the option to have the row spacing different from the plant spacing.
In this session we looked at how to add an image prop to a plant, how to create a plant, how to create and edit a custom workspace, how the plants connect to the Vectorworks plants database, how to use the Plants Database, and a quick introduction to using record formats in viewports.
In this session we mainly looked at creating 3D data for plants. We looked at photoshop for tidying up a plant image for use as an image prop and we looked at some resources available on the Internet and how you could use those for your plant 3D data.
In the session we looked at what’s new in Vectorworks 2017, concentrating on the plant definition and spacing. We also looked at using subdivision modelling to create a shade sail.
Plant Tool Changes – There are a few powerful changes to plants. Spacing is a lot more flexible.
In this session we looked at what is new in Vectorworks 2017 in relation to plants and fences.
- 00:20 Attaching non-graphic information to objects (record formats)
- 00:56 using text along the path to create takes in 2-D and 3-D, using a polyline then reshaping the polyline with the reshaped tool
- 09:29 modified by record command allows you to edit objects based on record information attached to them
- 16:53 trying to use modified by record on plots to change the color of plants based on a record formant
- 30:00 associated dimensions
- 34:59 creating text styles
- 35:53 select similar tool
- 35:57 assigning a textile to a dimension
- 36:21 creating a custom dimension standard
- 38:05 suggestions on where to create plans and details so that your text, dimensions, and hatching is easier to create and visualize
- 47:10 using the eyedropper tool to copy the attributes from one object to another
- 00:40 Ozbreed Plants website
- 01:43 download the plants from the website
- 02:14 two sorts of image file to open, higher resolution and low-resolution
- 03:29 find the image props in the resource browser
- 04:20 import the image prop into a current file
- 04:56 create a hardscape
- 05:48 edit the elevation of a hardscape
- 06:12 edit the elevation of an image prop
- 08:42 image props rotate to viewer
- 09:45 VBVisual plants
- 12:37 foliage tool from the website of Andrea Faccinello
- 13:35 epodcast on making image props for plants
- 14:52 creating a 3D form for the groundcover plant
- 19:53 creating a plant
- 29:19 exporting a plant to the user library
- 34:37 creating a hanging basket symbol
- 00:30 Worksheet basics
- 00:51 plant schedules are worksheets
- 06:43 placing a worksheet from the library
- 08:30 locating a plant in the Resource Browser
- 09:10 placing plants
- 09:30 plant settings
- 09:35 edit plot definition (data)
- 11:37 connection of plants to the plant database
- 12:00 Vectorworks plants database
- 21:03 editing the plant schedule (how does it find trees )
- 38:20 editing the plant report to show accurate heights and spreads
- 46:19 placing a landscape area
- 00:00 site modelling
- 03:04 polyline and polygon smoothing
- 06:59 creating a site model
- 08:32 rendering options
- 13:04 default content (plants)
- 18:49 image prop plants
- 20:40 VB visual plant objects
- 24:00 plant default settings
- 30:11 solar studies
- 33:58 massing model
- 40:03 hatches
- 0:00 existing tree tool
- 06:35 editing the 3-D object for the existing tree tool
- 16:13 VSS resources – image props
- 19:02 VBvisual plant
- 23:51 cannot use VB visual plants tool as part of the existing tree
- 26:50 where the VB visual plants are stored
- 34:48 image props
- 37:41 creating an image prop
- 57:11 creating sketch image props
- Utility Menu / Workspace Editor 1:23
- Customize (context) menus 1:58
- Create New Plant 3:16
- Get Plant Data -> Plant Database 3:24
- Edit Plant (2D Graphics: Classes and Graphic Attributes) 9:07
- Rotate Tool 12:39
- Select Similar Tool 14:41
- Add Surface 14:50
- 3D Graphics 17:29
- Export / save the new plant to your library 23:11
- Create, change and add criteria of reports 29:30
- Export reports (to be used in any other file) 34:48