The main topic for this session was detailing, using detail viewports and linked viewports. A lot time on an Architectural project is spent coordinating detail references with the details, but Vectorworks has a way to automate that.
- 01:35 creating a layer for details – why this makes it more productive.
- 02:52 using the Building Code PDF to create details
- 05:01 what scale should the detail layer be?
- 05:30 unified view options
- 06:30 ungrouping a PDF file to edit the source.
- 08:05 editing the detail by adding symbols from a library
- 11:31 creating a viewport from a detail drawing
- 16:00 adding a drawing label to the detail
- 16:22 duplicating a viewport for the next detail.
- 18:24 copying details from one project to another
- 23:13 using a detail viewport
- 23:46 linked viewports using the Section-Elevation marker
- 26:00 Link to viewport, linking the
- 26:41 using the Eyedropper Tool to copy the attributes of the Section-Elevation marker
- 28:00 placing a new Section-Elevation maker and changing the maker style
- 28:24 choosing the viewport to link to.
- 30:09 using the Detail-Callout marker instead of using the detail viewport and linking it to the detail viewport
- 31:50 renumbering and relocating a detail viewport, and how it changes the detail references in the rest of the drawings.
- 37:20 how the viewport numbers relate to the list of viewports in the Object Info palette
- 40:59 back referencing details
Architect August 2016 amThere is some great protected information here that is only available to paying subscribers. You must be an active paying subscriber to see it, but you can Subscribe here.