In this session we looked at textures, especially making a water texture and what parts of the texture make it look like water. We also used a worksheet to calculate the volume of water in a fountain and what size of pump is needed to circulate the volume.
- 00:14 display light preferences.
- 01:22 editing a light using the Visualization palette.
- 02:10 applying a standard Vectorworks water texture.
- 02:44 controlling lighting options in a rendered view
- 04:13 creating a pool with a wall around it so that the wall can have a color a see if the wall color is visible through the water.
- 16:18 calculating the volume of water in the pool using a worksheet to find the volume. This worksheet can be edited to calculate the pump required to circulate the water in the pool.
- 23:04 creating a faster Renderworks style.
- 28:35 creating a glow texture to mimic a light fixture.
- 34:00 using the Render Bitmap tool to render a small area of the scene.
- 43:03 editing a glass texture and understanding what bump, reflectivity, glass transparency, and explaining what refraction is.
- 47:25 using the Clip Tool and Split Tool on viewports.
Landscape July 2016 pm
There is some great protected information here that is only available to paying subscribers. You must be an active paying subscriber to see it, but you can Subscribe here.