In this session we looked at adding special characters to text, creating sloping walls, techniques with viewports and batch rendering.
- 00:24 how to find the degree mark on a Windows machine using the Character Map.
- 02:13 how to create a sloping wall (a wall that leans over) using multiple extrude, solid modelling, and auto hybrid.
- 07:08 how to make an elevation viewport that shows two parts of the design, which you can do by splitting the viewport and adding a semiopaque object.
- 12:53 creating a viewport that fades to white by using a gradient that goes from transparent to white. We also covered how to create and manipulate gradients using the attribute mapping tool.
- 19:07 splitting a viewport and moving the section line through the building
- 22:36 how to create a batch render job. How to set up the batch render job, how to start the batch render job, and how to find the rendered images.
- 27:17 importing the batch render images into Vectorworks.
- 32:18 creating a bay window using windoor or by creating extrusions. The most important part is to make sure that the object is a symbol for inserting in a wall.
- 44:25 creating a roof truss object by drawing the elevation of the object using polygons, extruding it, then making it into an auto hybrid for repeating on the roof.
Architect July 2016 pmThere is some great protected information here that is only available to paying subscribers. You must be an active paying subscriber to see it, but you can Subscribe here.