In this session we looked at why you should be creating a 3D model, rather than 2D drawings, what the advantage is and how to get started.
- 00:00 What you should draw in 3D, using a clip cube with a concept model to demonstrate how a quickly you can make changes to sections and elevations.
- 01:28 To draw in 3D will require that you change the way that you work in Vectorworks and it might be a complete change to the way that create information, you will have to develop new skills.
- 02:46 Looking at a simple way to get started with BIM
- 03:43 Checking layer scale using the contextual menu (right-click)
- 04:39 Using the scroll wheel on a mouse to zoom in, clicking the mouse wheel button to pan.
- 05:43 Starting with a rectangle to create an outline of a project., then use Create Objects From Shapes… to convert the rectangle into a slab or hardscape, so that we have both 2D and 3D
- 09:08 Finding coincident objects
- 12:11 Drawing walls and controlling wall heights on the Object Info palette
- 13:05 Editing a design layer to control the elevation and wall heights
- 13:36 Looking at the wall preferences
- 14:57 Using the numeric keypad to change the 3D view
- 17:28 Set the numeric keypad for instant data bar activation to allow quick drawing
- 18:55 Create Objects From Shapes… to create quick 3D objects
- 19:43 Controlling the stacking order of objects (sent to front/send to back)
- 21:20 Z key to activate Snap Loupe
- 21:46 Creating an extrusion for the columns
- 22:46 Creating elevations from the 3D model using viewports and sheet layers
- 26:46 Creating multiple viewports
- 29:10 Creating duplicate objects using the mirror tool
- 30:01 Duplicating an elevation viewport and changing it to an isometric view
- 30:50 Edit the layer wall height on the design layer to change the height of walls
- 33:10 Changing the heights of individual walls and creating more walls
- 46:21 Using the Reshape tool and using this to stretch a plan
- 53:30 Introduction to Stories, Layers, and Levels
- 59:41 Introduction to BIM for Landscaping
- 1:07:10 Creating a section viewport, starting with the clip cube
Getting Started June 2016 amThere is some great protected information here that is only available to paying subscribers. You must be an active paying subscriber to see it, but you can Subscribe here.