Since the user had recently upgraded to Vectorworks 2013, we started out by looking at the changes to planting in Vectorworks 2013.
- x-ray mode (using the B key) to see through objects.
- Changes to the plant definition.
- Custom spacing, height, and spread of plants.
- Placing plants with custom scaling.
- Placing plants with automatic random scaling.
- Using stake objects to edit a site model.
- Drawing a freehand line and assigning it to the correct class to become a site modifier.
- Creating a swale.
- Grade limits to control the changes to the site model.
- Editing individual vertices on a 3-D polygon.
- Drawing a planar object and sending it to the surface of the site model.
- Using this object with Duplicate Along Path and Extrude Along Path.
- Creating a carpark plan with slopes to a sump.
- Place in the car park plan with slopes on a site model.
- Creating sections through the car park plan.