This is the movie from the BIM Special Interest Group, August 2012, creating a BIM workflow, part 3, Roofing.
- Multi-level buildings, how many layers should you use.
- Fit walls to roof ( fit walls to 3D geometry)
- Using Layer Colors.
- Creating a roof.
- Calculating where walls penetrate a roof for a dormer wall.
- How Vectorworks creates a hole in a roof.
- How Vectorworks creates a hole in a roof face.
- Creating a roof face to rise to the ridge of an adjoining roof
- Select Connected Objects
- Editing a roof with the Reshape Tool
- Joining roof faces with the Connect/Combine tool.
- Creating a roof face that rises in two directions.
- Smart Edge.
- Angle Snaps
- Making a complex roof from 3 Simple roofs
- Creating a Skylight