Setting up your layers correctly is essential if you want to use Vectorworks for BIM. Vectorworks 2012 has a new organizing concept called Stories which will require you to think carefully about how you organise your project into layers and stories.
Stories are a new organizing concept for Vectorworks 2012. It groups design layers to make it easier to adjust the different levels (stories) of a building. The stories also allow you to control building elements such as stairs, walls, and so on.
- What Are Stories?
- How do Stories Work With Building Elements?
- How do You Control Stories?
- Setting up Layers – 1 Floor 1 Roof
- Setting up Layers – 2 Floors 1 Roof
- Setting up Layers – 2 Floors 2 Roofs
- Setting up Layers – 3 Floors 2 Roofs
- Setting up Layers – Multiple Levels